Department of Management
Welcome to the Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Central Florida. Our undergraduate curriculum is designed to prepare students for leadership and entrepreneurial positions in the modern economy. Courses in our major, as well as various co-curricular learning opportunities, will encourage students to develop competencies in:
- Leadership and motivation
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Ethical decision-making
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills
Electives course in the Management major include:
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- New Business Design & Implementation
- Business Analytics
- Technology and Social Entrepreneurship
- Moral Foundations of Business.
Management faculty conduct research on a variety of topics, such as business ethics, entrepreneurship, strategic management, human resource management, leadership and organizational behavior. Many of our award-winning faculty serve on the editorial boards of top academic journals, as consultants to private and non-profit organizations and as leaders in the Central Florida community.
Our Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership provides coaching, consulting and various learning resources for the development of entrepreneurial and creative problem solving skills. Students who engage with the center enjoy:
- FREE 1-on-1 startup coaching for UCF students in any major field of study
- Inspirational workshops every Wednesday at noon
- Connections to mentors and other free startup resources
The Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership also hosts several special including:
- The UCF Joust New Venture Competition, which celebrates the entrepreneurial efforts of student starters across our campus, introduces them to community leaders, and provides key resources to help launch their ventures.
- Starter Riot Week includes a series of events for UCF student creators, innovators, change makers, and instigators from all colleges.
- The Social Venture Competition celebrates and rewards students who have developed solutions and plans that may impact society’s biggest problems. Students concerned with poverty, education, healthcare, human rights, environmental and other societal problems.
- Blackstone Launchpad located in the lobby of the Student Union, helps students turn their ideas into realities. Our outstanding staff offers:
- UpStarts Student Venture Accelerator provides the highest level of support and resources available to UCF student startups. UpStarts supplements our offerings in the LaunchPad and StarterSpace by providing free office space, advanced mentoring, exclusive access to service and resource providers, and a cohort of startup colleagues to UCF’s most advanced student-led ventures.
Come visit us on the 3rd Floor of BA-1 to learn more about the Management Department!
Ron Piccolo, Ph.D.
Galloway Professor & Chair
Lynn Becker, Ed.D.
Associate Department Chair
Department of Management
College of Business Administration
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161400
Orlando, Florida 32816-1400
Office: BA 309
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Monday – Friday)
Phone: (407) 823-5569
Fax: (407) 823-3725
- Jared Allen Doctoral Student, Management
- Maureen Ambrose, Ph.D. Gordon J. Barnett Professor of Business Ethics (Management)
- Lynn Becker, Ed.D. Assistant Chair & Associate Instructor, Management
- Rebecca Bennett, Ph.D. Professor, Management
- Bailey Bigelow Doctoral Student, Management
- Carl Blencke, Ed.D. Instructor of Management
- William Callarman, Ph.D. Associate Professor Emeritus, Management
- Dean Cleavenger, Ph.D. Lecturer of Management
- James Combs, Ph.D. Della Phillips Martha Schenck Chair of American Private Enterprise and Professor of Management
- Craig Crossley, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Management
- Lauryn De George, Ed.D. Associate Instructor of Management
- Robert Folger, Ph.D. Distinguished Alumni Endowed Professor in Business Ethics
Cameron Ford, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Management;
Founding Director, Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and StarterLab
Director, UCF Blackstone LaunchPad
- Robert Ford, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Management
- Stephen Goodman, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Management
- Matthew Griffith Doctoral Student of Management
- Dana Joseph Assistant Professor, Management
- Reka Lassu Doctoral Student, Management
- Stephanie Leonard Doctoral Student, Management
- Lauren Locklear Doctoral Student, Management
- Paula McClure Administrative Assistant, Management
- Aaron McKenny Assistant Professor, Management
- Gary Nichols Instructor, Management
- Michael O'Donnell Management Entrepreneur-In-Residence
- Michael Pape, Ph.D. Dr. Phillips Entrepreneur in Residence; Lecturer, Management
- Ron Piccolo, Ph.D. Chair, Department of Managment; Galloway Professor, Management
- Robert Porter, Ph.D. Executive Academic Director, Executive Development Center & Lecturer of Management
- Troy Pounds Doctoral Student, Management
- Benjamin Rockmore, Ph.D. Lecturer of Management
- Sabrina Sadr Office Assistant, Management
- Carol Saunders, Ph. D. Professor Emeritus, Management
- Marshall Schminke, Ph.D. BB&T Professor of Business Ethics (Management)
- Christopher Stein Doctoral Student of Management
- Shannon Taylor, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Management
- Tang Wang, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Management
- Steven Whiting, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Management