Welcome to the Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Central Florida. Our undergraduate curriculum is designed to prepare students for leadership and entrepreneurial positions in the modern economy. Courses in our major, as well as various co-curricular learning opportunities, will encourage students to develop competencies in:
- Leadership and motivation
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Ethical decision-making
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills
Electives course in the Management major include:
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- New Business Design & Implementation
- Business Analytics
- Technology and Social Entrepreneurship
- Moral Foundations of Business.
Management faculty conduct research on a variety of topics, such as business ethics, entrepreneurship, strategic management, human resource management, leadership and organizational behavior. Many of our award-winning faculty serve on the editorial boards of top academic journals, as consultants to private and non-profit organizations and as leaders in the Central Florida community.
Building entrepreneurial mindsets
Our Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership provides coaching, consulting and various learning resources for the development of entrepreneurial and creative problem solving skills. Students who engage with the center enjoy:
- FREE 1-on-1 startup coaching for UCF students in any major field of study
- Inspirational workshops every Wednesday at noon
- Connections to mentors and other free startup resources
The Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership also hosts several special including:
- The UCF Joust New Venture Competition, which celebrates the entrepreneurial efforts of student starters across our campus, introduces them to community leaders, and provides key resources to help launch their ventures.
- Starter Riot Week includes a series of events for UCF student creators, innovators, change makers, and instigators from all colleges.
- The Social Venture Competition celebrates and rewards students who have developed solutions and plans that may impact society’s biggest problems. Students concerned with poverty, education, healthcare, human rights, environmental and other societal problems.
- Blackstone Launchpad located in the lobby of the Student Union, helps students turn their ideas into realities. Our outstanding staff offers:
- UpStarts Student Venture Accelerator provides the highest level of support and resources available to UCF student startups. UpStarts supplements our offerings in the LaunchPad and StarterSpace by providing free office space, advanced mentoring, exclusive access to service and resource providers, and a cohort of startup colleagues to UCF’s most advanced student-led ventures.
Come visit us on the 3rd Floor of BA-1 to learn more about the Management Department!
Ron Piccolo, Ph.D.
Galloway Professor & Chair
Lynn Becker, Ed.D.
Associate Department Chair
Department of Management
College of Business
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161400
Orlando, Florida 32816-1400
Office: BA 309
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Monday – Friday)
Phone: (407) 823-5569
Fax: (407) 823-3725
Maureen Ambrose, Ph.D.Gordon J. Barnett Professor of Business Ethics (Management)
Lynn Becker, Ed.D.Associate Chair & Associate Instructor, Management
Rebecca Bennett, Ph.D.Professor, Management
Carl Blencke, Ed.D.Instructor, Management
Dane Blevins, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
William Callarman, Ph.D.Associate Professor Emeritus, Management
Robert CascioAdjunct Instructor, Management
Dean Cleavenger, Ph.D.Associate Lecturer, Management
Lawrence Cohen, MPA, CPAAdjunct Instructor, Management
James Combs, Ph.D.Della Phillips Martha Schenck Chair of American Private Enterprise and Professor of Management
Craig Crossley, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Lauryn De George, Ed.D.Senior Instructor, Management
Karen EhrhartLecturer, Management
Robert Folger, Ph.D.Distinguished Alumni Endowed Professor in Business Ethics
Cameron Ford, Ph. D.Associate Professor, Management;
Founding Director, Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and StarterLab
Director, UCF Blackstone LaunchPad
Robert Ford, Ph.D.Professor Emeritus, Management
Jeff Gish, Ph.D.Assistant Professor, Management
Stephen Goodman, Ph.D.Associate Professor Emeritus, Management
Foard Jones, Ph.D.Professor of Management
Dana Joseph, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Kenneth LayAdjunct Instructor, Management
Gary NicholsAssociate Instructor, Management
Michael Pape, Ph.D.Dr. Phillips Entrepreneur in Residence; Professor of Practice, Management
Ron Piccolo, Ph.D.Chair, Department of Management; Galloway Professor, Management
Michael “Clay” PoseyAssociate Professor, Management; Cyber Security & Privacy Cluster Member, UCF Institute for Simulation & Training
Benjamin Rockmore, Ph.D.Lecturer, Management
Alex Rubenstein, Ph.D.Assistant Professor, Management
Ph. D.Professor Emerita, Management
Marshall Schminke, Ph.D.BB&T Professor of Business Ethics (Management)
Shannon Taylor, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Tang Wang, Ph.D.Assistant Professor, Management
Steven Whiting, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Jared AllenDoctoral Student, Management
Bailey BigelowDoctoral Student, Management
Sarah BurrowsDoctoral Student, Management
Reka LassuDoctoral Student, Management
Lauren LocklearDoctoral Student, Management
Hayley MorrisonDoctoral Student, Management
Jigyashu ShuklaDoctoral Student, Management
David SkanderaDoctoral Student, Management