The Professional Selling Track is designed to prepare an exclusive group of students to become future sales leaders for any selling arena such as consumer goods, services, technology, medical supplies, advertising, and many more. Using pedagogical tools that foster hands-on learning, this cohort sales program exposes our students to the latest sales practices and techniques using a mentorship program, extensive role-play exercises and many other contemporary sales methods.
The Professional Selling Track is a prestigious, specialized program offered by the Department of Marketing in the UCF College of Business Administration. The competitive program accepts no more than 35 exceptional students each year that show potential and promise in the fascinating and lucrative field of sales. One of only approximately 50 specialized sales undergraduate programs in the nation, the Professional Selling Track is at the forefront in preparing students for successful careers in the competitive job market of today. Admitted students will partake in rigorous sales training and preparation during the program’s one-year duration. The track requires no additional time at UCF; students simply tailor their class schedules to incorporate the required sales courses, offered only to those admitted into the program. The core curriculum includes Professional Selling, Sales Force Management, Advanced Professional Selling, and Strategic Issues in Sales. The program commences every August and a new set of students graduate every May. Additionally, students are paired with a professional mentor both semesters of the program.
Purpose: To enable students to “LEARN BY DOING!”
Each Professional Selling Track student is paired with a professional salesperson in both the fall and spring semesters, a different mentor each term. This is one of the great and unique features of the track, and we hope you’ll find your mentor experience as beneficial and enjoyable as the students do.
The Mentorship Program has been carefully designed with your busy schedules in mind. It is our goal to give students a close-up view of the selling profession and a chance to draw on your expertise and years of experience without monopolizing too much of your time.
PSP Corporate Partnership Program
The Professional Selling Track is designed to prepare an exclusive group of students to become future sales leaders. Using pedagogical tools that foster hands-on learning, this cohort sales program exposes our students to the latest sales practices and techniques using a mentorship program, extensive role-play exercises and many other contemporary sales methods. Our corporate partners help make our program a success!
The College of Business is equipped with a classroom facility ideal for sales education. This high-tech sales lab was built specifically for the professional selling classes. The room is used by more than 700 sales students each year, as well as 400 graduating seniors in the Capstone Marketing Strategy class. It features a 43-seat classroom and eight attached sales role play rooms. Each role-play room is fully equipped with recently upgraded, recording technology. The Professional Selling Lab is located in Business Administration Building 2 (BA-2), across from the Career Services interview rooms. This location offers maximum exposure to students and companies. There are a variety of opportunities for involvement and sponsorship of the program.
College of Business Platinum Plus Partnership
Platinum Plus Professional Selling Program Partners earn all the Platinum level benefits and these upgraded College of Business benefits:
- Speaking engagement at The EXCHANGE in the college
- A table at the Internship Invitational event
- A table at the UCF College of Business Hall of Fame Gala
- Logo recognition on the college’s Corporate Sponsor wall of support
Platinum Level Partnership
Platinum Professional Selling Program Partners earn all of the unduplicated Silver and Gold level benefits and these upgraded benefits:
- Corporate naming opportunities
- Role play room sponsor plaque (pending room availability).
- Corporate sponsor banner to be displayed in the sales lab if a room is not available.
- Sponsorship of a named $500 PSP scholarship
- Opportunity to attend and participate in a fall or spring PSP class session (75 minutes).
- Logo recognition on Professional Selling Program students’ polo shirts
- Opportunity to participate in the selection of the national selling team competitors.
- A PSP student will be assigned to function as a PSP ambassador for the coordination of campus visits, partner events, and partner engagement opportunities.
Gold Professional Selling Program Partners earn all the Silver level benefits and these upgraded benefits:
- Guaranteed opportunity to serve as a role-play buyer, including the role play qualifiers for sales competitions.
- Guaranteed invitation to Fall and Spring “Meet N’ Greet” with PSP class
- Guaranteed opportunity for participation in mentorship program (a company mentor should be able to meet with student at least four times during the semester)
- 30-minute PSP class session presentation in the fall or spring semester
- Preferred assistance scheduling on-campus, virtual and phone interviews.
Silver Professional Selling Program Partners earn the following benefits:
- Recognition by level of sponsorship on all promotional materials
- Logo Recognition on the PSP area on the UCF College of Business website
- Opportunity to recruit exclusive group of sales students
- Access to PSP student photos, resumes and contact information
- Guaranteed invitation to fall and spring “Meet N’ Greet” with PSP class
- Space available opportunity to serve as a role-play buyer, including the role play qualifiers for sales competitions
- Space available invitation to “Speed Selling” and “Mock Interviews” events
- Space available opportunity for participation in the award-winning PSP mentorship program (a company mentor or a designated company representative must be able to meet with student four times during the semester)
- Subscription to the monthly PSP Newsletter (August – May)
- Recognition at Professional Selling Program graduation ceremonies
- Invitation to participate in the UCF Sales Club and SMPS Career Expo
- (You must contact the Sales Club and SMPS to register for these events)
These partners help make the program a success! Thanks for your support!