Welcome to the Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Central Florida. Our undergraduate curriculum is designed to prepare students for leadership and entrepreneurial positions in the modern economy. Courses in our major, as well as various co-curricular learning opportunities, will encourage students to develop competencies in:
- Leadership and motivation
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Ethical decision-making
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills
Electives course in the Management major include:
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- New Business Design & Implementation
- Business Analytics
- Technology and Social Entrepreneurship
- Moral Foundations of Business.
Management faculty conduct research on a variety of topics, such as business ethics, entrepreneurship, strategic management, human resource management, leadership and organizational behavior. Many of our award-winning faculty serve on the editorial boards of top academic journals, as consultants to private and non-profit organizations and as leaders in the Central Florida community.
Our Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership provides coaching, consulting and various learning resources for the development of entrepreneurial and creative problem solving skills. Students who engage with the center enjoy:
- FREE 1-on-1 startup coaching for UCF students in any major field of study
- Inspirational workshops every Wednesday at noon
- Connections to mentors and other free startup resources
The Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership also hosts several special including:
- The UCF Joust New Venture Competition, which celebrates the entrepreneurial efforts of student starters across our campus, introduces them to community leaders, and provides key resources to help launch their ventures.
- Starter Riot Week includes a series of events for UCF student creators, innovators, change makers, and instigators from all colleges.
- The Social Venture Competition celebrates and rewards students who have developed solutions and plans that may impact society’s biggest problems. Students concerned with poverty, education, healthcare, human rights, environmental and other societal problems.
- Blackstone Launchpad located in the lobby of the Student Union, helps students turn their ideas into realities. Our outstanding staff offers:
- UpStarts Student Venture Accelerator provides the highest level of support and resources available to UCF student startups. UpStarts supplements our offerings in the LaunchPad and StarterSpace by providing free office space, advanced mentoring, exclusive access to service and resource providers, and a cohort of startup colleagues to UCF’s most advanced student-led ventures.
Come visit us on the 3rd Floor of BA-1 to learn more about the Management Department!
Ron Piccolo, Ph.D.
Galloway Professor & Chair
Lynn Becker, Ed.D.
Associate Department Chair
Department of Management
College of Business Administration
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161400
Orlando, Florida 32816-1400
Office: BA 309
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Monday – Friday)
Phone: (407) 823-5569
Fax: (407) 823-3725
Jared AllenDoctoral Student, Management
Maureen Ambrose, Ph.D.Gordon J. Barnett Professor of Business Ethics (Management)
Lynn Becker, Ed.D.Assistant Chair & Associate Instructor, Management
Rebecca Bennett, Ph.D.Professor, Management
Bailey BigelowDoctoral Student, Management
Carl Blencke, Ed.D.Instructor of Management
William Callarman, Ph.D.Associate Professor Emeritus, Management
Dean Cleavenger, Ph.D.Lecturer of Management
James Combs, Ph.D.Della Phillips Martha Schenck Chair of American Private Enterprise and Professor of Management
Craig Crossley, Ph.D.Assistant Professor, Management
Lauryn De George, Ed.D.Associate Instructor of Management
Robert Folger, Ph.D.Distinguished Alumni Endowed Professor in Business Ethics
Cameron Ford, Ph. D.Associate Professor of Management;
Founding Director, Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and StarterLab
Director, UCF Blackstone LaunchPad
Robert Ford, Ph.D.Professor Emeritus of Management
Stephen Goodman, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Matthew GriffithDoctoral Student of Management
Dana JosephAssistant Professor, Management
Reka LassuDoctoral Student, Management
Stephanie LeonardDoctoral Student, Management
Lauren LocklearDoctoral Student, Management
Paula McClureAdministrative Assistant, Management
Aaron McKennyAssistant Professor, Management
Gary NicholsInstructor, Management
Michael O’Donnell, ’09, Hall of Fame ’17Executive Director, UCF Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship; Entrepreneur in Residence, Management Department
Michael Pape, Ph.D.Dr. Phillips Entrepreneur in Residence; Lecturer, Management
Ron Piccolo, Ph.D.Chair, Department of Management; Galloway Professor, Management
Michael “Clay” PoseyAssociate Professor, Department of Management; Cyber Security & Privacy Cluster Member, UCF Institute for Simulation & Training
Troy PoundsDoctoral Student, Management
Benjamin Rockmore, Ph.D.Lecturer of Management
Carol Saunders, Ph. D.Professor Emerita, Management
Marshall Schminke, Ph.D.BB&T Professor of Business Ethics (Management)
Christopher SteinDoctoral Student of Management
Shannon Taylor, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Tang Wang, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Management
Steven Whiting, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management