Leading Business Research
UCF College of Business faculty are not only excellent teachers, but they excel in their scholarship. They publish in premier journals, present their work at international conferences and receive recognition for their accomplishments. As thought leaders within their disciplines, many of our faculty are involved in groundbreaking research and are frequently quoted in the media.
The College of Business supports faculty members in their research activities, provides guidance on the submission of grants and contracts and offers assistance with pre- and post-award administration, understanding UCF policies and procedures and locating funding sources.
Get started with the helpful information and links below or read on to learn about the leading edge research our faculty is working on.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
UCF’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a committee established to protect the rights and welfare of human participants involved in research. Review and approval is required for all research involving human participants conducted by UCF.
IRB Decision Guide
Use this guide to help navigate the IRB submission process. You can find all forms below the guide.
- HRP-250 – Request for Not Human Subjects Determination (DOC)
- Submit form HRP-250 in the protocol section of the application.
- HRP-254 – Summary Explanation for Exempt Research Form (DOC)
- Submit form HRP-254 in the consent section of the application.
- HRP-255 – Request for Exempt Determination (DOC)
- Submit form HRP-255 in the protocol section of the application.
- HRP-502 – Informed Consent-Adult (DOC)
- Submit form HRP-502 in the consent section of the application.
- HRP-502b – Informed Consent-Parent for Child (DOC)
- Submit form HRP-502b in the consent section of the application.
- HRP-503 – Protocol (DOC)
- Submit form HRP-503 in the protocol section of the application.
UCF’s Office of Research provides faculty with tools, individual support, and group workshops to help the UCF community identify potential funding opportunities.
Types of Funding
Nonprofits and Foundations:
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate research gives students the opportunity to work closely with faculty while having hands-on learning experiences that cannot be gained in a traditional classroom setting.
Office of Research (ORC) Contacts
ORC Pre-award Coordinator (Grants)
- Purvette Bryant, Proposal Manager
ORC Pre-award Coordinator (Contracts)
- Felicia Baboolall, Sr. Contract Manager
Post-award Management (Grants & Contracts)
- Jessica Dong, College of Business Budget and Finance Director
- Mike Minutelli, ORC Post-Award Manager
- 407-823-2154 or 407-823-4573