The Office of Professional Development (OPD) provides academic advising, career coaching services, and study abroad resources to students in the College of Business. Staffed by experienced Human Resource professionals, our Career Coaches help students develop their career plans from the day they start classes in the college. The College of Business focuses on supporting our students’ academic and professional careers through our expert Advising Team (A-Team), Career Coaches and Study Abroad Advisors who can help set students up for success after graduation.
Find Jobs & Internships Here
Our goal is to help students Get to the One — the one who gets the internship, the job or promotion. Dean Paul Jarley’s latest initiative — an online community exclusively for UCF business students and employers — is designed to connect our students with the businesses they want to work for. Business students can activate their free Knightline account today to:
- Search jobs & internships
- Post your resume
- Apply for open positions
- Find networking events
Advising Team (A-Team)
A-Team members are high caliber students with a deep understanding of the curriculum for all of the business majors. They also provide students with insider tips on creating an ideal schedule based on the major and their specific needs. The A-Team members will help you plan your class schedule and successfully navigate through the administrative processes required to earn your degree. They are available to assist walk-in students at the front desk with quick questions, but may also meet with you for private consultations on an as needed basis.
See an A-Team Member for
- Schedule Planning
- Registration Errors
- Graduation Checks
- Academic Guidance
*A-Team is available by appointment (preferred) or on a walk-in basis Friday only.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Appointments Only)
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 – 4:30 p.m. (Walk-ins Only)
- Subject to availability due to student capacity or university orientations.
Meet the A-Team
OPD Support Staff
The support staff will assist you with specific academic issues regarding the College of Business policies and procedures. Members of the support staff are able to answer questions over email and are also available to meet with students by appointment only.
Career Coaches are dedicated to helping business students “get to the one” — academically and professionally.
Focusing on professional development, Career Coaches work with students to help them formulate a plan for building a successful career. We also have specialized coaches who act as a liaison between employers and business students for networking opportunities, internships and potential jobs. Utilizing their previous human resources and recruiting experience, the coaches ultimately assist students with search strategies and ways to obtain employment upon graduation.
Each major has an assigned Career Coach. Students can attend a Career Cluster Session and make one-on-one appointments with their designated Career Coach.
See a Career Coach for
- Resume Reviews
- Mock Interviews
- Major Exploration
- Career Exploration
Types of Appointments
Career Cluster Sessions
Group sessions focused on foundational material related to:
- Resume Review (part I)*
- Professional Etiquette
*Attendance at these sessions is required to schedule one-on-one mock interview and/or resume review appointments.
30-minute individualized coaching sessions:
- Resume Review (part II): A deeper dive into resume improvements.
- Mock Interview: An individualized interview session for a specific position or company.
- Major Exploration: This non-academic appointment to help students identify the right major for their career goals. Does not include schedule planning.
To schedule a One-on-One Appointment with your Career Coach, click below:Make a One-on-One Appointment*
To sign up for a Career Cluster Session, click below:Schedule Career Cluster Session
Meet the Coaches
Employer Relations Team
Help BUSINESS students obtain internship and full-time positions. This involves a variety of things such as: providing students with job search strategy and support, seeking out new opportunities to promote to students, developing key relationships with students and employers to build a strong network in the business community, helping align students’ skills and career goals with open positions, performing company site visits, and more.
Types of Appointments
One-on-One Appointments (30 mins)
For students who:
- Have been admitted to their major (required to attend)
- Have a polished resume (required to attend)
- Are ready to seek internship or career opportunities
What we provide:
- A status check to gauge your level of readiness in regards to internship/job placement
- An opportunity to share your career interests
- An opportunity to showcase your skill sets and personal attributes that are desirable to employers. Your professional demeanor matters.
- Time to establish an ongoing relationship with the ER team so we can better target and recommend you for future opportunities
- A chance to learn about current openings and upcoming recruitment needs for a select group of employers
What we don’t offer:
- Guaranteed internship/job placement
- A personal recruiter who solely works to provide you with opportunities
- Contact information for companies of interest
- Career exploration or a deep resume review
To meet with a member of the Employer Relations team, click below:Make an Appointment*
Appointments can be scheduled each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
Meet the Employer Relations Team
First Year Success Team
The first year of college is an important time for all students as it serves as a foundation on which success towards graduation is built. Research shows that a student’s experiences during their first year of college greatly influence their success in reaching their academic and professional goals.
The College of Business’ First Year Success Team is dedicated to providing a welcoming, supportive and successful college transition, as well as a positive university experience for first-time-in-college (FTIC) students. The team works with internal and external partners to provide academic and college engagement resources to FTIC students and is the primary academic advising team for these students in the College of Business. Students will receive information and guidance through individual academic advising appointments, classes, workshops, seminars and collaborative partnerships with other student support teams and offices throughout the college and campus community. Students are able to take advantage of these opportunities as early as their new student orientation.
Resources Provided by the First Year Success Team
First Year Advisors are available to review General Education Program and degree requirements, to assist with major exploration, to explain UCF policies and procedures, to assist with course registration, to refer to other campus offices and much more. We provide these opportunities through scheduled appointments, group advising, probation appointments and technology-based advising. In addition, the team will actively encourage College of Business FTIC students to take advantage of critical career exploration and professional development programming provided by the College.
The ultimate goal is to ensure that College of Business FTIC students are well positioned to actualize the core mission of the College of Business’ Office of Professional Development which is as follows:
- Support students to make informed decisions about their major selection
- Assist students to proactively persist through the curriculum associated with their chosen major
- Aid students in the pursuit of internship or other professional development opportunities
- Encourage students to take advantage of COB engagement related programming
- Provide support to students with their goal of graduation in a timely manner
- Assist students with the acquisition of post-graduation employment and/or other career enhancement opportunities
Unique Course Offerings
The College of Business’ First Year Success Team delivers Business specific sections of the Strategies for Success (SLS 1501) course in the summer and spring semesters for students who want to jump-start their time in the College of Business. SLS 1501 is a 3-credit hour elective course designed to assist students in transitioning to UCF and the College of Business. In a small engaging classroom setting, the course helps students build a strong academic foundation by developing important life and study skills. Students will also learn and apply critical thinking skills towards diversity and social justice issues, career-readiness and other topics that promote student success persistence through the first-year and beyond.
Meet the First Year Success Team
Study Abroad Advisors
The college offers Study Abroad experiences at every step of your academic career. Whether you plan to work for a large international firm or a bank in your hometown, studying abroad can help prepare you for your career in our global economy.
- International Program Exploration
- Internships Abroad
- International Business minor
** Study Abroad Advisors are available by appointment only.
- How to read myKnight Audit
- Waitlist Information
- Excess-hours Information
- Academic Calendar
- Notice of Intent to Graduate Form*
- Undergraduate Change of Major Form*
- Grade Forgiveness Policies*
- Undergraduate Minor/Certificate Declaration Form*
- Student Registration Issue Form*
* Completed forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.