The Office of Professional Development (OPD) provides academic advising, career coaching services, and study abroad resources to students in the College of Business. Staffed by experienced Human Resource professionals, our Career Coaches help students develop their career plans from the day they start classes in the college. The College of Business focuses on supporting our students’ academic and professional careers through our expert Advising Team (A-Team), Career Coaches and Study Abroad Advisors who can help set students up for success after graduation.
Find Jobs & Internships Here
Our goal is to help students Get to the One — the one who gets the internship, the job or promotion. Dean Paul Jarley’s latest initiative — an online community exclusively for UCF business students and employers — is designed to connect our students with the businesses they want to work for. Business students can activate their free Knightline account today to:
- Search jobs & internships
- Post your resume
- Apply for open positions
- Find networking events
Advising Team (A-Team)
A-Team members are high caliber students with a deep understanding of the curriculum for all of the business majors. They also provide students with insider tips on creating an ideal schedule based on the major and their specific needs. The A-Team members will help you plan your class schedule and successfully navigate through the administrative processes required to earn your degree. They are available to assist walk-in students at the front desk with quick questions, but may also meet with you for private consultations on an as needed basis.
See an A-Team Member for
- Schedule Planning
- Registration Errors
- Graduation Checks
- Academic Guidance
*A-Team is available by appointment (preferred) or on a walk-in basis Friday only.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Appointments Only)
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. (Walk-ins Only)
- You must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing to be seen by an advisor.
Meet the A-Team
Jasmine EvansAdvising Team Member
Dante FicarelliAdvising Team Member
Azhar GharteyAdvising Team Member
Zannate IqbalAdvising Team Member
Esther MoonsammyAdvising Team Member
Tim OlsonAdvising Team Member
Yash PatelAdvising Team Member
Harley RowandAdvising Team Member
Elizaveta SafronovaAdvising Team Member
OPD Support Staff
The support staff will assist you with specific academic issues regarding the College of Business policies and procedures. Members of the support staff are able to answer questions over email and are also available to meet with students by appointment only.
Career Coaches are dedicated to helping business students “get to the one” — academically and professionally.
Focusing on professional development, Career Coaches work with students to help them formulate a plan for building a successful career. We also have specialized coaches who act as a liaison between employers and business students for networking opportunities, internships and potential jobs. Utilizing their previous human resources and recruiting experience, the coaches ultimately assist students with search strategies and ways to obtain employment upon graduation.
Each major has an assigned Career Coach. Students can attend a Career Cluster Session and make one-on-one appointments with their designated Career Coach.
See a Career Coach for
- Resume Reviews
- Mock Interviews
- Major Exploration
- Career Exploration
Types of Appointments
Career Cluster Sessions
Group sessions focused on foundational material related to:
- Resume Review (part I)*
- Professional Etiquette
*Attendance at these sessions is required to schedule one-on-one mock interview and/or resume review appointments.
30-minute individualized coaching sessions:
- Resume Review (part II): A deeper dive into resume improvements.
- Mock Interview: An individualized interview session for a specific position or company.
- Major Exploration: This non-academic appointment to help students identify the right major for their career goals. Does not include schedule planning.
To schedule a One-on-One Appointment with your Career Coach, click here:Make a One-on-One Appointment*
To sign up for a Career Cluster Session, click here:Schedule Career Cluster Session
Meet the Coaches
Employer Relations Team
Help BUSINESS students obtain internship and full-time positions. This involves a variety of things such as: providing students with job search strategy and support, seeking out new opportunities to promote to students, developing key relationships with students and employers to build a strong network in the business community, helping align students’ skills and career goals with open positions, performing company site visits, and more.
Types of Appointments
One-on-One Appointments (30 mins)
For students who:
- Have been admitted to their major (required to attend)
- Have a polished resume (required to attend)
- Are ready to seek internship or career opportunities
What we provide:
- A status check to gauge your level of readiness in regards to internship/job placement
- An opportunity to share your career interests
- An opportunity to showcase your skill sets and personal attributes that are desirable to employers. Your professional demeanor matters.
- Time to establish an ongoing relationship with the ER team so we can better target and recommend you for future opportunities
- A chance to learn about current openings and upcoming recruitment needs for a select group of employers
What we don’t offer:
- Guaranteed internship/job placement
- A personal recruiter who solely works to provide you with opportunities
- Contact information for companies of interest
- Career exploration or a deep resume review
To meet with a member of the Employer Relations team, click here:Make an Appointment*
Appointments can be scheduled each Tuesday & Wednesday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Meet the Employer Relations Team
Study Abroad Advisors
The college offers Study Abroad experiences at every step of your academic career. Whether you plan to work for a large international firm or a bank in your hometown, studying abroad can help prepare you for your career in our global economy.
- International Program Exploration
- Internships Abroad
- International Business minor
** Study Abroad Advisors are available by appointment only.
OPD Leadership Team
Lonny ButcherDirector of Professional Development
Sylecia GrooverCoordinator, Academic Advising Services
Darrell Johnson, Ph.D.Executive Director, Executive Development Center & Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Denise McFaddenAssociate Director, Student Success and Employer Outreach
Joshua TschiggfrieAssociate Director of Advising, Career Development, & Study Abroad