Welcome, Business Knights!
The College offers a wide variety of events and opportunities for students to get involved in the college, hear from business professionals and leaders, find internships and jobs, work with faculty, meet a mentor, test out their business ideas and more. We seek to provide students with experiences in and out of the classroom that contribute to a unique college culture and help them launch their careers…and Get to the One.
Places to Go
The EXCHANGE, Presented by FAIRWINDS Credit Union
At UCF College of Business, we believe the best education occurs when you get a chance to sit and have a conversation with someone who has something interesting to say. The more opportunities you have to participate in such conversations, the more you are going to learn. This is the idea behind The EXCHANGE, where every week students can hear from business and community leaders, accomplished alumni, entrepreneurs and partners. Learn More
Office of Professional Development
Our Career Coaches help advise students on their chosen career and guide them through professional development. The Advising Team handles schedule planning and policy questions. Learn More
Things to Do
The Invitational: An Event for Internships, Externships & Jobs
Each Fall and Spring semester, the College holds an exclusive career fair specifically for qualified business students and featuring 50 employers with available internships and jobs. Business students can qualify to attend by completing certain activities through the Office of Professional Development or by earning an invitation from a faculty member.
People to Know
The College of Business Student Ambassadors represent the college and the Dean at internal and external events. In addition, they lead efforts internally to cultivate student engagement and involvement. The college encourages involvement and has 20 registered student organizations to choose from. Learn More
Registered Student Organizations (RSO)
Business-related student organizations or associations provide opportunities for business students to connect with students with similar interests, build their network, develop career skills and engage with the college.
- Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Student Chapter
- Beta Alpha Psi Honorary Accounting Fraternity
- National Association of Black Accountants
- Student Accounting Society
- Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity
- Association of Latino Professionals for America
- Business Opportunities for Student Success (BOSS)
- CEO Knights
- Collegiate DECA
- Computer Skills for Business Students
- Delta Sigma Pi Professional Business Fraternity
- Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc. – Alpha Sigma Chapter
- Knights Association of Project Management
- Phi Beta Lambda – Future Business Leaders of America
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Sales Club
- The Club on Security and Intelligence
Sport Business Management
The Business Leadership Council
The Business Leadership Council (BLC) comprises leadership executive committee members from all of the Registered Student Organizations in the UCF College of Business. The purpose of the BLC is to provide a platform for cross collaboration, communication and problem solving for these groups, so they can improve operations, marketing, membership and contributions to and for the students. The BLC also provides a platform for leadership development and new opportunities for students to learn and serve.
Professional Selling Program
This sales-based program, part of the Department of Marketing, admits only two cohorts of 30 students each year. The job placement rate is above 95 percent upon graduation.
Bloomberg Professional Service
This service, used by more than 320,000 subscribers worldwide, provides real-time and historical data on market activities and trends.
Welcome to the Majors
Every semester the college hosts “Welcome to the Majors” to give students the opportunity to learn about programs, organizations and degrees offered.
- Great Capstone Case Competition challenges students to develop recommendations for solving real-world problems.
- Dean’s Failure Competition invites UCF students — business and non-business alike — to share their failure stories for a chance to win prizes and a letter of recommendation from the Dean.
- The Joust New Venture Competition is open to all UCF students and celebrates the entrepreneurial efforts of student starters across our campus, introduces them to community leaders and provides key resources to help launch their ventures.
The world is your classroom. A semester abroad in Spain, Austria, France, the Netherlands, or Australia will expand your worldview and teach you about international business practices. Learn More
Transfer Student Resources
Keys to Success
Many of our Business Knights come to us from our state college partners. To help incoming transfer students, the college provides a number of resources through the Office of Professional Development, including informational sessions and advising. Check out the links below for tips for specific majors: