Student Ambassador Program
Dean Paul Jarley created the Student Ambassador program in January 2013 as a way to enhance the student engagement experience within the College of Business. While the concept of what it means to be an Ambassador is constantly changing and growing, Ambassadors have been, and will continue to be, the Dean’s student voices in the communities we serve.
The UCF College of Business Student Ambassadors embody and communicate the vision and mission of the college by promoting engagement in the opportunities available at UCF, and represent the college at key programs and events. The role of the ambassadors is to serve as:
- Stewards of the Dean’s vision for the college
- Liaisons from students to college leadership to influence positive change
- Connectors for registered student organizations and mentors to transfer students
- Representatives at college and community events
- Catalysts for student engagement and culture shifts
- Advisors on areas of improvement and opportunity
We support the college’s mission to give students a competitive advantage in the world of business now and in the future. It is our goal to lead the college’s transformation into a “next-generation business school” through the development of a unique college culture that promotes engagement, risk-taking, cross-disciplinary collaboration and data-driven decision making.
Become an Ambassador
Does the Student Ambassador Program sound like a good fit for you?
Qualities of an Ambassador:
- Positive Attitude
- Time-Management Skills
Applications Open: March 1, 2021
Applications Close: March 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Upload a 1-page essay detailing why you want to be a Student Ambassador (double spaced)
- Upload a current resume
- Share a 1-minute video (Video Guidelines)
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- Be a major/minor in the College of Business
- Be able to attend mandatory bi-weekly meetings each Friday from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Attend mandatory events such as Welcome to the Majors and the Hall of Fame gala
The deadline to apply is Sunday, March 14 at 11:59 p.m. for the Summer 2021 – Spring 2022 academic year.
The Student Ambassador program will be fully virtual this summer and is on an as-needed basis for virtual events.
For Fall 2021, UCF is planning a full return to face-to-face learning, which includes in-person activities for our Student Ambassadors. We currently expect students to be present for in-person events with masks and other health measures remaining in place. UCF will continue to carefully monitor public health conditions as the fall semester approaches.
If a student has a high-risk health concern, additional options will be available. If students do not feel comfortable attending in-person activities, deferring to Spring 2022 may be the best option.
Meet the Ambassadors
The Ambassador Program is made up of driven business students who collaborate to bring innovation to the College of Business. Get to know the Student Ambassadors!
The Student Ambassador Program is coordinates through UCF’s College of Business. For more information about the Student Ambassador Program, contact us at email@example.com or any of the following:
Business Leadership Council and REAL Chair