Aspire to lead in the HR industry.
The Professional Master of Science in Management, Human Resources Track program prepares professionals for leadership roles in human resources, organizational development and training. Through the program’s innovative curriculum, students gain the knowledge and tools to successfully align human resources activities with organizational strategies and long-term plans. Designed for professionals, students earn their master’s in 20 months through evening classes.
- Accredited by AACSB-International
- Curriculum is formally aligned with SHRM guidelines and standards
- Through the utilization of team work, case studies, and real workplace scenarios, students are able to immediately apply concepts and tactics they learn in the classroom to their workplace.
- Cohort format provides a shared learning experience and access to an invaluable network of peers and professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds.
- Access to variety of career development and management opportunities including a mentoring program and networking events to assist in developing their career path.
- Highly accomplished faculty incorporate both industry and academic experience with applied research to the student’s learning process.
- Personalized academic services — taking care of the administrative and logistical tasks associated with being a graduate student.
Who Should Apply
- Candidates who desire specialized study in human resources management and seek employment or career advancement in the areas of human resources, organizational effectiveness, staff compensation and employee relations.
- Candidates from a variety of education and professional backgrounds including those with degree in business, education, hospitality, nursing.
- Average age = 30 years old
- Gender = 80% female
- Average GPA = 3.3
- Average work experience = 7 years
- Undergrad degree = Social Science 63%, Business 32%, STEM 5%
- Payroll Supervisor
- Benefits Analyst
“The Professional MSM Human Resources program has given me the knowledge and tools needed for career growth and persuading my leadership teams with ideas to grow the company.”
– Michael Groves ’18 Recruiting Manager, Synergy Interactive
Hear more from our alumni, their successes and how the PMSM Human Resources helped shape their career.
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Director of Employee Relations
- HR Business Partner
- Director of Talent Acquisition
- Compensation Analyst
- Payroll Supervisor
- Benefits Analyst
OUR FACULTY AND PROGRAM
Our faculty rank among the most productive in the country and are actively involved in the leadership of the field’s premier professional associations and journals.
Professional MSM Human Resources Faculty
Maureen Ambrose, Ph.D.Gordon J. Barnett Professor of Business Ethics, Management
Lynn Becker, Ed.D.Senior Instructor, Management
Rebecca Bennett, Ph.D.Chair and Professor, Management
Craig Crossley, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Karen Ehrhart, Ph.D.Associate Lecturer, Management
Dana Joseph, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Amanda M. Main, Ph.D.Associate Chair & Lecturer, Management
Sean NewmanAdjunct Professor, Management
Ron Piccolo, Ph.D.Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives, Executive Director for the Office for Risk Management & Insurance Education, Special Assistant to the Provost for Volusia County, Galloway Professor of Management
Alex Rubenstein, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Shannon Taylor, Ph.D.Professor, Management
Steven Whiting, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Management
Faculty members—Rob Folger & Jim Combs—listed in top 2% of scientists in their discipline in the world
– Rebecca J. Bennett, Ph.D.
Interim Chair & Professor, Department of Management
Explore Our Program
PROGRAM LENGTH & CURRICULUM
10 courses/30 credit hours
Cohort of 36
Monday & Wednesdays
6 to 9:50 p.m.
College of Business at UCF Downtown
528 W. Livingston St.
Orlando, FL 32801