Department of Marketing
UCF Stands For Opportunity, and similarly we believe that “Marketing is where Opportunity begins!”
Marketing is vitally important to all organizations and individuals, from corporations to small businesses, from CEOs to the proprietors of small retail stores, from global manufacturing operations to a new “high tech” startup. Nearly one-third of the civilian work force in the United States is employed in work related to marketing.
Interesting and challenging career opportunities are available, such as professional selling, retailing, advertising, e-business, market research, sport marketing, distribution and logistics, and purchasing. In addition, students with marketing degrees may find excellent job prospects in international markets. Marketing career opportunities also exist in a variety of non-business organizations, including hospitals, museums, universities, government, and social service agencies.
You will find much more information about our programs and faculty on this website. The primary focus of marketing is on customers…we consider you to be our customers and prospective customers, and we work hard to provide the best marketing education available anywhere.
Carolyn Massiah, Ph.D.
Department of Marketing
College of Business Administration
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161400
Orlando, Florida 32816-1400
Office: BA2 307S
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Monday – Friday)
Phone: (407) 823-2108
Fax: (407) 823-3891
Why Study Marketing?
- Marketing is central to the success of all firms.
- Strategically, marketing is the function in all organizations with the responsibility for creating satisfied customers.
- Marketing knowledge, skills, and experience are always in demand.
- Marketing offers a wide variety of career paths that are creative, challenging and rewarding-career progression can be very fast.
- Marketing positions involve a multitude of interesting activities, including promotion, product/service development, distribution, pricing, and customer service-you will not be bored!
- UCF’s marketing curriculum is structured to provide a strong foundation in marketing concepts, but also is flexible enough to let you choose courses in career areas of interest.
- The Department of Marketing offers a general marketing program, as well as a sales track (competitive entry).
- Faculty members in UCF’s Department of Marketing are among the best instructors on campus.
- The department receives high satisfaction ratings from students for its comprehensive course schedule each term-you can finish!
- Opportunities abound in internships, honors-in-the-major, and student organizations (for example, The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), the Ad Club, and the Sales Club).
- Lam An Doctoral Student of Marketing
- Pradeep Bhardwaj, Ph.D. Carl H. Galloway Associate Professor of Marketing
- Ramarao Desiraju, Ph.D. Professor of Marketing
- Bree Goldstein Adjunct Lecturer of Marketing
- Jonathan Hasford, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Marketing
- Xin He, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Marketing
- Ganga Hewage Doctoral Student of Marketing
- Amit Joshi, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Marketing
- James Keebler, Ph.D. Lecturer of Marketing
- Sona Klucarova Doctoral Student of Marketing
- Anand Krishnamoorthy, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Marketing
- Lin Liu, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Yue Liu Doctoral Student of Marketing
- Carolyn Massiah, Ph.D. Interim Chair & Associate Lecturer, Marketing
- Robert Mattis Adjunct Lecturer of Marketing
- Stefanie Mayfield Garcia Associate Instructor of Marketing
- Ronald Michaels, Ph.D. Professor, Department of Marketing
- Joshua Michaels Adjunct Lecturer of Marketing
- Mrudul Nilangekar Doctoral Student of Marketing
- Aysu Senyuz Doctoral Student of Marketing
- William Steiger Instructor of Marketing
- Axel Stock, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Marketing
- Ataollah Tafaghodi Jami, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Ze Wang, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Muge Yayla Kullu, Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Yael Zemack-Rugar, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Marketing