The Process Improvement Workshop is designed to teach individuals industry standard tools and techniques taught in process improvement curricula around the globe. Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be equipped to reenter their work environment and with awareness of how to apply tools and techniques to implement improvements. The workshop will focus on the application of the following process – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC).This workshop will equip individuals with knowledge of how to define a process, understand what all the process inputs need to be and expected final process outcomes. Participants will learn what the word “customer” means from a process perspective, and how it is defined. A combination of lectures and exercises will outline how to apply the DMAIC process when looking for the areas of improvement in an organization, and how these changes ultimately influence the bottom line of your business.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is beneficial to everyone trying to improve processes in their organization. It is particularly suitable for:
- CEOs, CFOs, and COOs
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Operations and Manufacturing Managers and Team Leaders
- Engineers, Engineering Managers and R&D Managers
- Human Resource Managers, Marketing Managers and other Functional Directors and Officers
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Learn to use performance excellence approaches to increase productivity, improve profitability and competitiveness, and satisfy employees and customers
- Establish a process for improvement within your organization
- Gain insight into specific tools to help measure business progress and performance
- Learn how to benchmark your company with world-class organizations who have already achieved excellence
- Earn 6.5 HRCI Credits and .8 Continuing Education Units
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The program content for this workshop is based on the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) process improvement model. It will allow attendees to utilize a systematic approach to improving your organizations performance through application of industry recognized tools and techniques.
- Registration and breakfast
- Welcome and Workshop Introduction
- What is DMAIC and how can you use it?
- I need 30 envelopes delivered ASAP!
- Break and Refreshments
- How do you determine what you should be improving?
- Networking Luncheon
- Let’s Change the Future!
- Break and Refreshments
- Putting it all together
- Lessons Learned, Recap of the Workshop
“Patrick Miller is a known and reputable Black Belt practitioner, who is strategic in explaining how to apply the different Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques thru specific events. He is very helpful, always available for coaching, supportive and encouraging through the entire process.”
Thank you for your interest in the UCF Executive Development Center and our programs. Subscribe to our monthly e-Newsletter to receive details about upcoming programs, executive education faculty and special events.