UCF’s MS in FinTech will be the first master’s program of its kind in Florida.
The Master of Science in FinTech will help students develop their computing skills, build awareness of financial markets and apply their talents to analyze real world problems.
“We are committed to making Florida the top destination for FinTech companies to grow and succeed.” – Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
An Interdisciplinary Collaboration – College of Business and College of Engineering & Computer Science
The new MS in FinTech is an innovative, interdisciplinary collaboration between two distinguished departments-College of Business Department of Finance and the College of Engineering & Computer Science-Department of Computer Science. Through the carefully designed curriculum, distinguished faculty from both departments will teach employable technical skills for the application of technology to improve and automate the delivery of traditional financial services.
The financial services industry and the advances in technological innovation requires a blend of both finance and computer science. The MS in FinTech provides the crucial academic preparation to equip students with the necessary skills in these two fields and focus on prescriptive and predictive techniques to anticipate and solve problems in this emerging field.
The MS in FinTech is a STEM program that will forge a new path in interdisciplinary education and contribute to this growing field encompassing finance, computer science and management.
“We appreciate the fact that UCF recognizes the need for data engineers and data scientists in Finance…this is a growing area…UCF continues to be pioneers in many ways. We are in full support of this direction and will do what we can to provide opportunities to the students within this program.” – Carrie Callahan, Former Managing Partner, Galliard Capital Management
Computer Science Coursework
- CAP 5619 Artificial Intelligence for FinTech
- COP 5150 Blockchains and Smart Distributed Contracts
- COP 5818 Full Stack Development for FinTech
- COT 5840 Computational Methods of FinTech I
- COT 6481 Computational Methods of FinTech II
- FIN 6406 Strategic Financial Management
- FIN 6778 Foundations in FinTech
- FIN 6779 FinTech in Decision Making
- FIN 6515 Analysis of Investment Opportunities
- FIN 6704 FinTech Entrepreneurship (Capstone Course)
|TBD||TBD||30 credit-hours||24 months||UCF Main Campus|
A combination of College of Business Department of Finance and the College of Engineering and Computer Science Department of Computer Science faculty will teach the MS in FinTech.
Department of Finance Faculty
Honghui Chen, Ph.D.Professor of Finance
Melih Kullu, Ph.D.Lecturer, Finance
Christo Pirinsky, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Finance; & Co-Director, FinTech Program
Pradipkumar Ramanlal, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Finance
Ajai Singh, Ph.D.SunTrust Eminent Scholar Chair of Banking;
Professor & Chair, Department of Finance
& Director, Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate
Buvaneshwaran VenugopalAssistant Professor of Finance
Department of Computer Science Faculty
Who Should Apply
Candidates for the program should have a solid academically-based quantitative background and a strong interest in working at the nexus of emerging technologies and the financial sector.
- A bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited institution majoring in one of the following: Business, Computer science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Statistics.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a competitive score.
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation (encouraged but not required)
It is recommended (not required) that students successfully complete the following undergraduate courses (or similar courses):
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to Programming
- Business Finance