MAY 31, 2018
Effective strategies guide companies to a unique high-value position in their market. This leads to a competitive advantage for the companies.
Today’s business environment poses unique challenges to traditional methods, and dynamic strategies must be developed and implemented. The Applied Strategy workshop developed and led by Dr. Robert Porter draws together the most important factors needed to analyze, formulate, and effectively lead the implementation of business strategy. You will be exposed to strategic planning methods that work—giving you the opportunity to walk-away with the toolkit you need to gain and sustain a competitive advantage.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Mid-level and senior managers, executives, or those transitioning into managerial roles across functional areas including, but not limited to operations, R&D, engineering, finance, marketing, HR, across all industries who influence the strategic direction of their firms
- Small business owners developing and streamlining their strategic plans
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Appraise your firm’s competitive strategic position in the market
- Learn practical methods to analyze your competition
- Discover how to develop a strategic plan for your organization
- Acquire the best tools for strategy implementation
- Earn 6.5 HRCI credits and 0.8 CEUs
Effective Strategy is Realized Through Effective Leadership
Robert L. Porter, Ph.D., is an accomplished leader in business development and implementing strategic leadership. He earned his Ph.D. at UCF’s College of Business Administration focus on Entrepreneurship and Strategy. He is the Executive Director of the UCF Executive Development Center and he regularly teaches in UCF’s Executive & Professional MBA programs. Prior to joining academe, he enjoyed an illustrious career with General Electric, NCR Power Systems, and AT&T, along with numerous start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures. He also was Chief Operating Officer and member of the organizing team that founded and then successfully sold a community bank.
Thursday, May 31, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Strategy Defined
- How You Should Measure Your Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Leadership Process (SLP) Overview
- Analysis – The Foundation of a Successful Strategic Plan
- Formulation – Plans to Tailor Your Value Chain
- Implementation – Putting the Plan Into Action
- Strategic Leadership Process Summary
- Strategy Case – Netflix
- Summary and Q&A
“The UCF Strategic Leadership class provided me with techniques to improve my strategic thinking of complex relationships between the organization and its environment.”
“Finally, a professional development class that taught how to put the learned tools into practice!”
“Prof. Porter is a great teacher and brings an incredible amount of real-world experience to the classroom.”
“Just entering into a new franchise and the tools I received from this course have helped me check off some boxes and shift some resources.”
Thank you for your interest in the UCF Executive Development Center and our programs. Subscribing to our monthly e-Newsletter will provide you with details about upcoming programs, executive education faculty, and special events.