Interactive One-Day Workshop
May 3, 2018
Every day executives face the unique challenges of leading teams and making decisions in high pressure situations. Developed and led by Dr. Robert Porter, this one-day workshop brings together current research and hands-on experience to successfully prepare you to take on these business challenges. You’ll learn ways to improve your leadership effectiveness and gain tools to make a significant impact on your organization.
Leaders must set a clear vision, align company resources with their vision, and execute their strategic plan to actually achieve a competitive advantage. Dr. Robert Porter will guide you through the process and share best practices of organizations that faced these challenges successfully.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Mid-level and senior managers or those transitioning into managerial roles across functional areas including, but not limited to operations, R&D, engineering, finance, marketing, HR, across all industries
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Identify your personal leadership style
- Discover your most effective leadership role
- Learn practical methods to analyze you competition and implement strategy
- Strengthen your ability to lead strategic change
- Earn 6.5 HRCI credits and 0.8 CEUs
Effective Strategy is Realized Through Effective Leadership
Robert L. Porter, Ph.D., is an accomplished leader in business development and implementing strategic leadership. He earned his Ph.D. at UCF’s College of Business Administration focus on Entrepreneurship and Strategy. He is the Executive Director of the UCF Executive Development Center and he regularly teaches in UCF’s Executive & Professional MBA programs. Prior to joining academe, he enjoyed an illustrious career with General Electric, NCR Power Systems, and AT&T, along with numerous start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures. He also was Chief Operating Officer and member of the organizing team that founded and then successfully sold a community bank.
Thursday, May 3, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Leadership Overview
- Your Individual Leadership Behavioral Style – DiSC
- Leadership Development Framework – VAE
- Vision – How Leaders Create and Sustain Direction
- Alignment – How Leaders Align Key Resources
- Execution – How Leaders Get Things Done
- VAE Summary
- Leadership Case – Reed Hastings and Netflix
- Summary and Q&A
“Dr. Porter delivers an outstanding workshop, providing leaders and would-be leaders invaluable tools for organizational & business success. The presentation is richly illustrated with actual cases and the lessons are reinforced by hand-on applications.”
“I recommend the Leadership workshop to any current manager/leader or individual who is moving into a leadership role to gain simple yet highly effective tools to succeed and grow within an organization.”
“Leadership was one of the greatest courses I have attended in the last 20 years. The most productive part of the course was the case study for groups of attendees.”
“The Leadership workshop was an incredible experience that provided a great platform for me to become a more effective leader and think more strategically. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone interested in growing their capability to lead and manage a team or a business.”
Thank you for your interest in the UCF Executive Development Center and our programs. Subscribing to our monthly e-Newsletter will provide you with details about upcoming programs, executive education faculty, and special events.