Our Mission & Vision
Business has never been so broad and provided as many opportunities as it does today. For the most enterprising and entrepreneurial people, there are opportunities in large companies, small enterprises and in their own endeavors, locally and globally.
The challenge for business schools at the university level is to first, prepare students to thrive in an ever-changing economic and business landscape, and second, be ready to adapt to the opportunities at every milestone in their career.
The University of Central Florida College of Business Administration is creating the right environment, employing the best faculty and facilitating the innovative programs to meet the challenge for the next generation.
The mission of the College of Business at the University of Central Florida is to offer high-quality academic programs designed to give students a competitive advantage in the world of business now and in the future. As such, the college will establish partnerships with some of the nation’s most innovative leaders to model new best practices that harness evolving technology and ensure students are well prepared to enter the market place.
To continue the transformation into a next-generation business school through the development of a unique college culture; one that promotes engagement, risk-taking, cross-disciplinary collaboration and data-driven decision making.
While core business curriculum remains unchanged, the world of business is changing the same way students learn and receive information.
The College of Business Administration’s mission and vision are in place to strengthen the college and ultimately, the Central Florida community by focusing on critical factors in higher education: students, faculty, programs and facilities. As such, the college aspires to:
- Offer the benefits of a large, metropolitan research university while providing individual attention and maintaining a sense of community for our students and faculty.
- Create a state-of-the-art educational facility that cultivates a learning environment that promotes collaboration, engagement, risk taking and data-driven decision making.
- Provide increased opportunities for student engagement and one-on-one learning.
- Cultivate an ecosystem which develops entrepreneurs from all backgrounds and skill sets.
- Raise the academic profile of the college by recruiting research faculty in key disciplines and by incorporating top industry executives into programming.
- Elevate the career prospects of students as well as the perceptions of graduates in the community, by ensuring students are career-ready upon graduation by providing experiential learning and developmental feedback.
Faculty – Thought Leadership
The college hosts 122 distinguished faculty members committed to research, teaching and service. Faculty member’s research offer solutions to some of the biggest challenges in business today to earn both national and international recognition. They present their findings at conferences throughout the world and are frequently quoted in the media. Additionally, many serve as editors and contributors for scholarly publications and textbooks. Although they come from diverse backgrounds, they share the same goal – to help students develop into successful business leaders.
Programs and Centers
In addition to accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing department, the UCF College of Business Administration houses specialized programs including:
- Institute for Economic Competitiveness
- Business in Ethics
- Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate
- Professional Selling Program
- DeVos Sport Business Management Program
- Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership