Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, admission will be granted only in the fall for this specialized program. This is a 22‐month, 51 credit hour, full‐time program and consists of a cohort of about 30 to 40 students who complete the program in five consecutive semesters. Courses will run Monday through Thursday and will start between 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Requirements for admission to the program:
- GPA: 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation from both your academic and professional experience, signed, sealed and on letterhead or online
- Official transcript of your undergraduate degree from an accredited university, signed and sealed
- A current resume
- Some professional experience preferred
- Essay for DeVos Program. In the essay you are required to cover the following:
- Why you are applying for the DeVos Program? Have you applied to other sport business management programs?
- What is there about your work experiences and academic preparation that makes you confident that you will succeed in the world of sport business?
- Identify, based on what you have read or observed, one or two of the most critical challenges facing sport business leaders this decade.
- Describe one or two life experiences – related to social issues, diversity, ethics, etc. – that influence your expectations about the DeVos Program.
- Explain the impact that community service activities have made on you and others.
- What are you five- and ten-year career objectives and how will this assist you in reaching your objectives?
- All finalists will be required to have an interview.
- Competitive GMAT score