Effective Negotiation Executive Education Workshops
To negotiate successfully in today’s dynamic business environment, you need more than just persuasive tactics at the negotiating table. Join us for our interactive two-day workshop on Effective Negotiation. Dr. Nasser Kutkut designed this program to help you build and refine skills needed to master the negotiation process.
Through exploring the major concepts and theories of the psychology of bargaining and negotiation, the workshop will allow you to identify and asses bargaining situations, develop sound negotiation planning techniques, and to identify and employ appropriate strategies and tactics to use to resolve conflicts. To maximize your learning, you will actively participate in the simulation role plays to apply learned concepts. You will leave empowered to prepare and execute negotiation deals in a variety of settings and industries and achieve exceptional results.
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Recognize negotiation opportunities and identify the primary components of the negotiation process
- Use an integrated process for strategically planning for negotiation situations
- Develop and execute effective strategies and tactics to maximize outcome in various bargaining situations
- Distinguish between distributive and integrative situations and develop appropriate resolution strategies for creating value and/or claiming value
- Understand the impact of decision-making biases, power and influence, cross cultural issues, and ethical issues on negotiation situations
- Earn 16 CLE, 12 Business Litigation, and 13.25 HRCI credits
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Negotiation is crucial in all organizations and virtually every aspect of life. This program is designed for middle-to-senior-level managers from private, public, and non-profit sectors including:
- CEOs, CFOs, and COOs
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Attorneys, Arbitrators and In-House General Counsel
- Sales, Marketing and Business Development Personnel
- Human Resource Managers, Purchasing and Procurement Managers and other Functional Directors and Officers
- Lobbyists, Fund Raising and Development Officers
Day 1: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 8:30 am – 4:45 pm
- Introduction to the Negotiation Process
- Developing a Negotiation Plan & Strategy: Framework for planning for negotiation, Planning Process: Bargaining mix, strategies, goals, BATNAs.
- Negotiation Role Play 1: Introductory simulation role-play negotiation.
- Distributive Bargaining: Claiming Value: A framework for claiming value, Distributive tactics
- Negotiation Role Play 2: Sally Soprano & Discussion/Debrief Negotiation Role Play 2
- Integrative Negotiation: Creating Value
• A framework for value creation
• A discussion of the power of interests, differences, questions, and packages
• Strategies for creating value
Day 2: Friday, November 6, 2015, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Closing Deals
- Negotiation Role Play 3 & Discussion/Debrief Negotiation Role Play 3
- Decision Making & Cognitive Biases in Negotiations
- Power & Influence in Negotiations
- Negotiation Role Play 4: Toyonda & Discussion/Debrief Negotiation Role Play 4
- Communications / Cross Cultural / Ethical Issues in Negotiations
- Wrap-up & Takeaways: Q&A Session
Please download workshop agenda for more details.
About the Instructor
Past participant testimonials:
“I really enjoyed the negotiation program with Prof. Kutkut. He is a very engaging instructor and presented material that was relevant and useful to real-life scenarios. I only wish I had taken his course earlier in life.”
“I really liked the negotiation course, all techniques taught were very useful. One of our best courses, which we’ll be able to use on a daily basis.”
“I enjoyed the practical application through case studies and live negotiations. All material was made relevant to our job or everyday occurrences.”
“Prof. Kutkut was very energetic and effective as an instructor. I enjoyed the course/classes.”
$750 for one participant ~ early-bird pricing of $650 available until October 5, 2015.
Enrollment includes two days of highly interactive sessions, all course materials, plus breakfasts, lunches, refreshment breaks, and adjoining parking. The program will be held at the UCF Executive Development Center, 36 West Pine Street, Downtown Orlando.
Get 10% off for 3 or more attendees from the same organization and 20% off for 6 or more attendees from the same organization. Use coupon code 3ormore10% or 6orMore20% in our online registration system.
Discounts for UCF Alumni and UCF Faculty members available.
Please call us at 407-235-3903 for details and to register over the phone.
Online registration link coming soon!
Call (407) 235-3903 to register over the phone.
Mail the Registration Form and check payable to:UCF Executive Development Center 36 West Pine Street, Orlando, Florida 32801
All payments must be received in full two weeks prior to the program start. UCF will grant an 80% refund for cancellations made two or more weeks prior to the start of the program. For cancellations made within two weeks prior to the start of the program, a 50% refund will be granted. There is no refund if you withdraw after the start of the program. Substitute participants will be accepted up to the start of the workshop.
The dress code is business casual, jeans are welcome. Our meeting rooms can be very cool, so you may wish to bring a light sweater or jacket.
Parking and Accommodations
We have arranged FREE PARKING for conference participants in the 55 West Garage (click here for directions). For UCF’s EDC to validate your parking, you must park at the55 WEST GARAGE, which is located directly next door to the UCF Executive Development Center on Pine Street (a block east of Interstate-4 and just to the west of the EDC). Entrance to/exit from the garage is via West Pine Street (again, please see directions). We recommend parking on the 4th or 5th floor of the garage, taking the elevator down, then exiting to the right. Pine Street is just a few steps away. Take a right, and UCF’s EDC is immediately next door. Please note that we will validate your parking each day via stickers available at our front desk.
Hotel accommodations are not included in the registration fee. We recommend the following hotels in walking distance from our Center.
Grand Bohemian Hotel – Downtown Orlando
325 S. Orange Ave., Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 313-9000
191 E. Pine Street, Orlando, Florida 32801
Phone: (800) 809-9708