Effective Negotiation Executive Education Workshops
To negotiate successfully in today’s dynamic business environment, you need more than just persuasive tactics at the negotiating table. Join us for our interactive two-day workshop on Effective Negotiation. Dr. Nasser Kutkut designed this program to help you build and refine skills needed to master the negotiation process.
Through exploring the major concepts and theories of the psychology of bargaining and negotiation, the workshop will allow you to identify and asses bargaining situations, develop sound negotiation planning techniques, and to identify and employ appropriate strategies and tactics to use to resolve conflicts. To maximize your learning, you will actively participate in the simulation role plays to apply learned concepts. You will leave empowered to prepare and execute negotiation deals in a variety of settings and industries and achieve exceptional results.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- CEOs, CFOs, and COOs
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Attorneys, Arbitrators and In-House General Counsel
- Sales, Marketing and Business Development Personnel
- Human Resource Managers, Purchasing and Procurement Managers and other Functional Directors and Officers
- Lobbyists, Fund Raising and Development Officers
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Recognize negotiation opportunities and identify the primary components of the negotiation process
- Use an integrated process for strategically planning for negotiation situations
- Develop and execute effective strategies and tactics to maximize outcome in various bargaining situations
- Distinguish between distributive and integrative situations and develop appropriate resolution strategies for creating value and/or claiming value
- Understand the impact of decision-making biases, power and influence, cross cultural issues, and ethical issues on negotiation situations
- Earn 16 CLE, 12 Business Litigation, and 13.25 HRCI credits
Nasser Kutkut, Ph.D., is a Lecturer of Management at the UCF College of Business Administration, has served for more than 17 years as a business and technology consultant for a number of US and international firms, and was the founder / co-founder to a number of high tech start-up companies. Nasser holds a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering and an MBA in management and entrepreneurship, both from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He also completed a Post-Doctorate in Entrepreneurship and Marketing from Grenoble Ecole de Management.
Day 1 – Thursday 8:30 am – 4:45 pm
- Introduction to the Negotiation Process
- Developing a Negotiation Plan & Strategy: Framework for planning for negotiation, Planning Process: Bargaining mix, strategies, goals, BATNAs.
- Negotiation Role Play 1: Introductory simulation role-play negotiation.
- Distributive Bargaining: Claiming Value: A framework for claiming value, Distributive tactics
- Negotiation Role Play 2: Sally Soprano & Discussion/Debrief Negotiation Role Play 2
- Integrative Negotiation: Creating Value
- A framework for value creation
- A discussion of the power of interests, differences, questions, and packages
- Strategies for creating value
Day 2 – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Closing Deals
- Negotiation Role Play 3 & Discussion/Debrief Negotiation Role Play 3
- Decision Making & Cognitive Biases in Negotiations
- Power & Influence in Negotiations
- Negotiation Role Play 4: Toyonda & Discussion/Debrief Negotiation Role Play 4
- Communications / Cross Cultural / Ethical Issues in Negotiations
- Wrap-up & Takeaways: Q&A Session
“I really enjoyed the negotiation program with Prof. Kutkut. He is a very engaging instructor and presented material that was relevant and useful to real-life scenarios. I only wish I had taken his course earlier in life.”
“I really liked the negotiation course, all techniques taught were very useful. One of our best courses, which we’ll be able to use on a daily basis.”
“I enjoyed the practical application through case studies and live negotiations. All material was made relevant to our job or everyday occurrences.”
“Professor Kutkut was very energetic and effective as an instructor. I enjoyed the course/classes.”