February 22, 2018
Interactive One-Day Workshop
The age of consumer centricity is upon us. Never before has the consumer had such power in the design and creation of businesses that are in demand. Dr. Denver Severt designed this interactive one-day workshop to help you and your organization respond to this amazing increase in the consumer’s voice. He will show you how to optimize your customer’s experience, how to apply the “doing better than that” model of service innovation, how to assess service, and how to lead and model service as an individual and company. Learn from service leadership examples of recipients of the Malcolm Baldridge Service Quality Award. This one-day workshop ends with group exercise on service challenges and solutions. It will help you become a better service scientist and service leader for now and future generations. Your view of service and your role in service will never be the same.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone interested in improving their customers’ experience and innovating service delivery will benefit from this program. It is especially suitable for:
- Customer Service Managers, Front-line Managers and General Managers
- Business Development and Sales Managers
- Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
- Account representatives and Client specialists
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Assess the level of service your organization provides
- Find out how to optimize customer service and delight customers
- Use the model of service innovation to improve your customers’ experience
- Learn service leadership best practices from Malcolm Baldridge Service Quality Award recipients
- Discover solutions to your company’s service challenges
- Become a better service leader
- Earn 0.8 Continuing Education Units
Denver Severt, Ph.D., has had 25 years experience in all phases of the hospitality industry from front-line service positions to general manager positions. His latest experience was as an Ambassador of Customer Service for the Polo Fields Gold and Country Club in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Denver teaches guest services management, managerial accounting, and financial accounting for the Rosen College of Hospitality Management. Denver’s research interests involve linking customer and employee satisfaction programs. He is a sought-after speaker who aims to help organizations deliver better guest service through applying the underlying theories of customer service and people interactions.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Registration and Light Breakfast
- Welcome & Introductions
- The New Customer Centricity
- Break and Refreshments
- Optimizing the Customer Experience
- Networking Luncheon
- Innovating for the Customer Experience
- Break and Refreshments
- Service Group Exercise
- Service Toolbox – Challenges and Solutions
- Wrap-Up and Q & A
“Dr. Severt drives home a very important message about service to customers AND EMPLOYEES with a wealth of knowledge and personal experience (applicable outside of just customer service).”
“Eye opening session, made me think about starting new strategies, and developing new tools to measure and improve my service.”
“This is the 1st workshop I attended [at the EDC] and I am very pleased with it. The information provided was very useful and Denver is an excellent speaker. I am looking forward to attending other workshops in the near future.”
“Engaging and passionate speaker. Good anecdotes about customer service. Less prescriptive than expected.”
Thank you for your interest in the UCF Executive Development Center and our programs. Subscribe to our monthly e-Newsletter to receive details about upcoming programs, executive education faculty and special events.
Select the Program(s) you would like to learn more about. — Hold down the “Ctrl” key to select more than one.
General Executive Education Interest
Open Enrollment Workshops